The CCE’s Community Education Initiative at Lehigh University engages and applies the intellectual resources of the university to the public realm to serve the common good, tackle real world problems, enhance the intellectual and experiential diversity of our Lehigh community, and improve the quality of life in our local and global community.
To support, create, and enhance programming on campus that provide educational opportunities across many ages and stages in our local and global community, while advancing Lehigh’s leadership and relevant expertise to support issues of critical importance to the community.
How we do this
- Provide meaningful, transformative educational opportunities (e.g. High School Scholars, S.T.A.R. Academy, etc.).
- Identify opportunities for Lehigh expertise to support.
- Create events, workshops, and outreach opportunities.
- Support existing programming and help elevate it.
- Communicate initiatives and opportunities to internal and external partners.
- Assess program goals, success, and challenges.
- Create reports to communicate partnership, collaborations, and achievement.